Friday, January 16, 2009

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

I told you I was the devil. But did you listen? No. Now you are confused and you don't know what you are feeling and what to do about your actions. You don't know whether to ask for forgiveness or to praise whatever gods you pray to for thanks. I know who I pray to. I know what I pray to. I thanked them for letting me have you. I thanked them so many times.

That's what happens when you think you are evil versus knowing you are evil. In the face of the real thing. You just crumple.

You just give in to it, you taste it, lick it, bathe in it, let it slide into you, let it writhe in you. But in the end. You cleanse yourself. Me? I let my sins dry on my flesh.

I do not ever want to find myself in regret. I hate myself enough to let me revel in my sins. How about you? Are you as fucked up as me?

Or are you Judas, pressed into sin by God to do his dirty work? How about Barrabas sinful until faced with true holiness? Or are you like me, a simple snake in the Garden of Gethsemane?
Telling crying avatars in the middle of the night : You don't have to do what He says you know. Heller? Free Will?

I choose to do good, so that when I do choose to do evil. It is clear in my head...as alligator tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment