Monday, January 19, 2009

DATING EXCLUSIVELY

Is that the way to go? Have I been out of the loop so long that I can't even imagine how dating exclusively is an excuse to say that two people are "kami na" that just because they do not see any other people is enough reason to become an item. To be in a relationship.

Maybe I would sound old if I said, "during my time" which would be referring to the time that I was still dating and courting so to speak. But that would be insane, because that was only less than five years ago.

Maybe because I am a chivalry mummy is why I am so affected when I heard that dating exclusively was reason enough. But what if there was no other choice for the one being courted? What if the only reason why that person is dating exclusively is because there is only one courter? What if the single courter is such a troll that if anyone who even dares to also court said courtee will be dealt with accordingly?

In the days of swords and shields, that would have been difficult. But these days of guns and goons, that would be a pretty easy thing to pull off.

Maybe that is why when others see someone who is "unreachable" or "seems taken" or "seems decided" or "dating exclusively daw" they decide to not meddle in the business of courting.

I mean there is sound reasoning in that maneouver anyway, as there are a lot of fish in the sea. And believe you me, there are much better fish out there than the one in your plate or in your aquarium. So why bother indeed? But what if you really like the target? If the fox is indeed worth the chase?

Then by all the gods of love and by all the gods of war forge on oh intrepid fool! Exclusivity of ownership belongs to only one entity--Death. And sometimes, even he can be cheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment