Monday, January 19, 2009

OIST TUMIGIL KA NGA SA KAHIBANGAN MO!

Okay, admittedly, you might have something in common with Barack Obama.

Maari na pareho kayong pinaglihi sa isa sa mga sumusunod: pwet ng kawali, pwet ng kawa, pwet ng kaldero, pwet ng takure, pwet ng wok, abo, duhat, saging na pula, munggo, tahure, tahong maarnibal, baboy damo, kalabaw, matampusa, uwak, uling, puto na sinawsaw sa dinuguan, dinuguan, puto kawali, puto bumbong, abnoy na balot, century egg, itim na whatever. Alin kaya? I will leave that to the people.

But you know, I cannot in good conscience leave all the choices to the people for one simple reason. Politicians by nature are trained to manipulate the perceptions of people so that they can be influenced to vote in a certain way. The level of manipulation is inversely proportional to the educational attainment of the masses. Thus it is common for politicians to keep the masses uneducated to a certain level. Unfortunately for you, I got to finish High School! So no sir, I am not by any means easy to fool.

Fooling people, that is what you do, day in and day out. Maybe many, maybe a few, but not all. Specifically not me. So I think I will not leave it to the people to decide if you are "like Obama." So, instead I will give them some questions, so they will think. For this is what questions do they make even the most uneducated people think. Think, and hopefully realize a truth. The simple truth is...you are not Obama-ish. No matter how big your delusions of grandeur are.

Are you like Obama: Have you written a book filled with positive patriotism and empowering hope for your countrymen? Are you like Obama: did you grow up amidst multiple cultures, leaving you with the experience of what it means to deal with people from all parts of the world? Are you even educated? Are you cultured? Have you seen the world? Or are you simply worldly?

Because in my humble opinion, maliban sa pareho kayong negro, asa ka pa na para kang si Obama. Hindi sa dahil super fan ako ni egoy, pero I think this is the very first lie in a long list of lies, and just another in the many more that will surely come from you. How many lies have you made in the span of your life?

This blog entry is my little effort to make sure the people are never hoodwinked into believing, even for a second, that you are like Obama, that you are capable of handling democracy, that you deserve to become a ruler in my country.

I may not know yet who I will vote for, but it is not going to be you. Asa.

No comments:

Post a Comment