Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MY CHINESE NEW YEARS RESOLUTION



This is one of those rare times that I actually have a resolution that I am going to do. Well, for a few years now I have decided to finally be serious about my resolution about losing weight when I realized that most of my clothes don't fit anymore. So now that after three years I have lost 24 pounds, I decided to add another resolution aside from losing weight. I have made the resolution that I will take my writing seriously. Not that I didn't take my writing seriously then, but now I will not let a day pass that I did not write something. The least acceptable is in the daily entry journal I keep again, something I have not done even before the beginning of the millenium, and no maximum. I have decided that I will maintain three blogs from the 16 or 17 I thought of maintaining at the end of last year, and that I will not allow this year to end without at least one of my short stories being published somewhere.

It is more of finally considering my career as more than just the freelancing that I do. It's also more than making money, as I resolutely said that I will not think of the money anymore, if it comes, it does. If it doesn't then it doesn't. What is important is that I write, that I leave volumes of work before I die, that I become a master of what the fates have decided to be my curse. That I find the Zen of writing, be it electronically or even by pencil or pen. It doesn't matter. From now on I write whenever I feel like it. Tapos!

The reason being at the end of last year I actually looked at my blogs and I thought, how pathetic they looked. Then it struck me how I kept waiting for someone to pay me before I wrote anything. I decided that this isn't a good deal. If no one came forth to pay me for it, then I would have no legacy whatsoever. So here we are. I am building, I am making, I am creating. Hopefully, someday, my children at least will benefit from this endeavor of mine. I for one am like a Japanese craftsman now, endeavoring to find perfection in imperfection. Shigata ga nai.

No comments:

Post a Comment